11/02/2005

Share your despair

I have to say, I've been taking it easy the last couple weeks, working from home more, and my travels on the T have, as you can see from the last several entries, been pretty limited. I have not suffered all that much, if you want to know the truth. Many of you have suffered, and continue to suffer more. I've gotten several emails from friends who have tales of woe that would curl your toe nails, let me tell you.

So, again, I welcome you, whoever you are, wherever you are, to share your despair. If you've been left high and dry by the MBTA, tell us about it. Use the "comments" link at the bottom of the post here, and leave your rant, horror story, or helpful hints for coping. Your fears, your hopes. That's what we're here for.

And if you've got a route that's particularly hellish, let me know. I'll check the mutha out myself.

2 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 9:36 AM, Blogger Lewis said...

Besides the fact that the Blue Line part of Downtown Crossing smells like we are all standing in someone's muffler, the complete lack of one extra train car for my commute from Eastie is ridiculous. Everyday (not just once a week) I have to wait for another train to come in since the one that pulls up first is normally about 99% at capacity.

On a positive side, it is nice that they are redoing the Maverick Stop on the Blue line finally. Although I wonder why it takes them 3 years to finish it. Probably cause there are only 5 workers doing any work on it....

 
At 11/05/2005 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Thursday 11/3, it took me about 25 minutes to get from Park St to Kenmore on the D line. That same trip usually takes about 8-10 minutes. Yeah, it was rush hour (4:30pm), but I mean come on. Starting from Park St, the train would proceed a few yards, stop, go a few more yards, stop a few more minutes, finally make it to the next stop, wait there for 5 minutes, roll a few more yards...etc. After not making any announcement or explanation to the customers riding the train, the conductor was finally approached about the issue. He replied that entire subway portion of the green line was having signal problems. Okay, I've been riding the T for 8 years now, and it seems that every time the trains are running slow or are stopped longer than usual, it's due to a "signal problem". How can a city this affluent not afford to fix whatever is causing these signal problems? They can buy a whole fleet of Italian-made Breda cars, but they can't get a better signal system?!?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home