11/04/2005

The Big Time

Yesterday I got a call from The Herald about an article in today's paper about blogs dedicated to raging against the T. You can see it here. Aside from having my picture taken on the JFK/UMass platform for the article, I didn't use the T at all yesterday.

I have to say, the Herald photographer, David Goldman, is a handsome fellow. He asked me to bring my laptop along, though I don't actually use it on the T. I have a little brown Moleskine notebook I use to scribble my notes in. People look at you funny when you whip it out and scribble something, but what the hell. I think it could be they think you're writing something about them. Rest assured, usually it's not the case. Unless you are wearing flip-flops in November, are having an animated conversation with yourself, or are behaving like a barnyard animal. Then you might be immortalized in my Moleskine.

When Mr. Goldman was photographing me, he asked me to look "irritated," but I see from the picture in the paper that it came across more as constipated. Oh, well. It is irritating to be constipated, so I guess I wasn't too far off the mark.

I enjoyed having my picture taken, I must say, although I'm not used to having my clothes on for it.

6 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 11:04 AM, Anonymous Bob from Dedham said...

not sure if you publish positives but here goes. My fiance (rather than drive and find parking for her job in Roxbury just started taking the bus. It is a 2 bus ride from Dedham, the 34 to the 42, the cost is $1.80 round trip, it takes about 15min longer ea way than driving. Good service, no problems. And to the person who waited 40 min for an inbound trolley at Packards Corner (Make sure they see this). You must have stood there and watched about 4 #57 busses go by that would have taken you to Kenmore where you could have easily continued (3 trolley lines) your trip downtown.
DUH!!!

 
At 11/04/2005 11:43 AM, Anonymous Me said...

I can't believe you are complaining about a 20, 30 minute commute. Not only are you complaining, but you are dedicating this blog and a large amount of your time to it.

First - there are much bigger issuse than the fact you had to wait 10 minutes for a train to worry abouat.

Second - many people would kill for a 40 minute commute. I have to drive to work, there is no public transportation, It takes me an hour and a half - sometimes much more. I am desperately tring to find a job in the city before the snow comes because the commute will go up to 2 hours at least.

 
At 11/04/2005 11:51 AM, Anonymous TC said...

The 57 bus sucks. What was described in a comment about all the buses going by: were they evenly spaced apart? Or did they come in groups, one right after another. It is so common for one bus to right behind another. It is not due to traffic problems, this happens when traffic is light. It makes less work for the drivers, fewer stops overall, so they can have longer breaks.

It is completely unreliable, and there are way, way too many stops.

 
At 11/04/2005 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any links to the nakedness? ;-)

 
At 11/04/2005 4:23 PM, Anonymous Random BayStater said...

Where I walk, there are busses that go by with their breaklights, turnsignals and iluminated sighnes broken!

 
At 11/05/2005 12:40 PM, Anonymous saturn said...

so, i get on the 86 bus, and it reeks of exhaust fumes. there's a guy breathing through the collar of his shirt, the smell is so strong. i try that, but it doesn't really make any difference. i don't believe the smell could be any stronger if i were standing with my face in the exhaust pipe. i seriously considered getting off and waiting for the next bus, but if i did that, i would miss the commuter rail train, which at this time means i'd wait two hours and ten minutes for the next one. so i stick it out, thinking about those stories in the globe about the three (or is it four by now) mbta buses that have caught fire in the last month or so. i survive the trip, get to south station in time for my train, choose my seat, and there's a copy of the herald with the article about this site. i just thought, perfect timing.

anyway, that's my rant for the day. keep on bitching. it brings back fond memories of my old commute from brighton to umass/boston.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home